Université Paris-Est is holding its eleventh Thesis Awards Ceremony. The event will take place at 3 pm on Tuesday 5 November 2019 in the auditorium of the Maison des Sciences de l'Environnement (House of Environmental Sciences) at Université Paris-Est Créteil.
The Université Paris-Est Thesis Awards are given out each year, for each of its doctoral schools, to reward the best work of its doctors, pre-selected from the previous year's graduates for their quality, originality and impact on society.
The awards will be presented by a Human and Social Sciences jury and a Science and Medicine jury.
Two special prizes will also be awarded:
- The "Businesses" special prize will be presented by Descartes Développement et Innovation.
- And for the first time, the Paris-Vallée de la Marne Agglomeration Community will be awarding the "Territory" special prize
- Life and Health Sciences doctoral school
Marielle BREAU (IMRB)
"Cellular senescence and pathophysiology of chronic lung diseases: application to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)"
- City, Transport and Territories doctoral school
Garance CLÉMENT (LAB'URBA)
"Migrating close to home. Residential and migratory trajectories of middle class members in the Franco-belgian area"
- Organisations, Markets, Institutions doctoral school
Aude DANIELI (LATTS)
"Experiments, conception and practices of "smart meters" Linky in France, the making of society into smart meter : innovations, uses and public oppositions in the social worlds of the electric meter Linky in France"
- Science, Engineering and the Environment doctoral school
Blandine FENEUIL (NAVIER)
"Cement foam stability: link with cement paste rheological properties"
- Mathematics and ICTS
Spyridon GIDARIS (LIGM)
"Effective and Annotation Efficient Deep Learning for Image Understanding"
- Cultures and Societies
Sylvain LOUET (LISAA)
"Cinematic jurisfictions and screen's imaginary court : Theory, history, poetic"
Yohann RINGUEDÉ (LISAA)
"A Crisis of modernity : science and poetry in the second half of the 19th century"
- Territory special prize awarded by the Paris-Vallée de la Marne Agglomeration Community
Fabien ESCULIER (LEESU)
"The nutrition/excretion system of urban areas: socioecological regimes and transitions"
- Businesses special prize awarded by Descartes Développement et Innovation
Ophélie MUGEL (IRG)
"Food well-being: an interpreative research through consumers' lived experiences"
Awards Ceremony for Theses defended in 2018
Tuesday 5 November 2019
Auditorium de la Maison des Sciences de l'Environnement
Université Paris-Est Créteil Val de Marne (UPEC)
Site Campus Centre
5 rue Pasteur Vallery Radot
Métro 8 Créteil - Université